20 April 2012

Day Six

Hi Guys, well I thought I had the whole house to myself in Pemberton last night but a couple arrived later in the day. A nice English couple, Andy and Liz in their sixties and we chatted for a while because that's what nice people do. Their travelling Australia visiting their son in Perth and Andy's sister in Gympie, Julia. Also it happened to be their 36th wedding anniversary and I was happy to be in the same house on that special night with them. Lol. They asked for the blog address so as they can follow me when they return to England and also while they're still in Australia. Good to see there out and about living and not just existing.
We where having a dull time before we met Grant. Well not really


Set the alarm and left before sunrise as I had 130 kms to cover and I'm glad I did because again the hills gave me hell. Troy told me about a whopper just  before Walpole and he was not joking. I needed all the time to get there because my legs were just about to drop off. I arrived about 4.30 zi think. Probably someone else can tell me when, Shane.
Around this area its too cold being a hero yet to sleep in the bush. Plenty of time for me to experience that in the near future.  So I'm here at another great place, Walpole Lodge, which is run by a great couple Julie due later this month) and her husband Steele. FANTASTIC facility, wifi, pool table, complete kitchen, free coffee and manners to go. Unfortunatley though, I'm going to try to get an early start again because I hate trying to cram the day of riding into too few hours. So again I will leave you with a few photos to send you to sleep. God Bless.

Sewerside caretaker

OK, kids at St PAULS "What state am I in? (answer below )

I have a gay Italian mate who has walked this (no names).

Oh look, they have his picture on a sign

Catapillars bunched crossing the road, should have used the caterpillar crossing up further because those logging trucks have big wheels

The Horsham, Vic connection
Answer...........TERRIBLE

12 comments:

  1. Nite Grant sweet dreams and not about caterpillars lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi grant , nice place pemberton , the big old karri trees really make pemberton worth a visit. how are the legs holding up ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mate,had a nice stay in Pemby but didn't see any trees ,i was too out of it .lol Nah very good places down south all along to Albany,Cant understand why people fly to Bali when its value for romance in there backyard.Legs are o.k mate because i can't feel anything below my belly button at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Hey Grant, i seen the "bibbulmun track" sign , but i didnt realise Dave was Italian !!! Hope the jelly legs are holding up, i must admit everytime i read your posts and see where you have riden on the track-map, i am totally knackered afterwards. Have a great day today mate, will be keeping an eye on ya ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grant

    Caught up very briefly with Joy and Pearl today...Pearl was looking lovely after her bath today. Sorted mail etc and got cistern parts which Jim will sort out tomorrow hopefully. I will see if he can hang up the dish as well. I have stayed in accommodation in Pemberton when they were just starting out - and had less kids I think. I left a message on your phone - not urgent - but if you can give me a call when convenient that would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going well, bro'. Good to see that you are enjoying the flora and fauna as you track along. The Find Me Spot is working a treat so never turn it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice i turned it off to shake off some PEEPING TOMS who just look and dont contribute.

      Delete
  6. Good to see you are meeting and greeting people on your journey.I must say i have been quite envious of your adventure this week. I was working away and talking to myself as i do, saying that the courage and the strength let alone the endurance needed to complete what you are doing is amazing. Grant it has sunk in totally now on what you are doing and what will be accomplished when its done.Its an amazing effort and challenge. Great photos by the way ! Hope all is going well and you are taking in every moment. AS I AM WHILE I SHOVEL SAND.
    Cheers Dean
    Oh i reckon those caterpillars are a tough mob, be careful they can just attack.A tyre mark through them would have made good watching. Jokes people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, you sure know how to put the pressure on me mate.lol

      Delete
  7. Hi! Grant, nice reading your blogs. hope oneday we'll come down south and see some of the scenaries you've described.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, its well worth it and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grant i hope all is going well and your enjoying the ride.Will check in again tonight. Oh and i rode to the shops - i called it the Grant Kelly dedication ride. It was a block away. Up hill and raining. Ok it was down hill and a 26 degree day. Still the challenge was there. Stay safe. BORN FREE.

    ReplyDelete