16 April 2012

Day Two

Welcome everybody, how's your day been? Hang on, let me tell you about mine first. An average type of day as far as the distance Yern and I travelled and nothing really happened too exciting other than we got to Dunsborough around five and now are staying at a nice place in the centre of town. We have just come back from a big filling meal from the local pub and feel a little drained but remaining focused on the coming days ahead.

Yern's a real trooper. First he said he would only go to Bunbury, then he said Dunsborough, now he's even taking me to Yalingup. He's doing it easier than me at the moment but I'm hoping to improve in the weeks ahead, I hope. Time for some sleep now as I'm fading away and the beds calling me. Bye for now, supporters.
Removing the lactic acid after the long days ride

Met Yern's mate Mark who works at the place where we are staying
Yern wondering what he is doing here
As requested Linds,  here's a nice Golden Orb spider  from the South West area. I'll see if I can get a few more shots for your album before I finish.The male is the one to the left 

11 comments:

  1. Outstanding effort.

    Is Yern breaking your wind for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again

    I still reckon I am on top of the process, thanks to Jackie, but Shane now has told me my comment didn't come thru.

    So here is try #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the large female spider pic, Grant.
    it reminds me of someone...anyway:

    I have lots of trouble seeing you actually riding, no matter how close I magnify the satellite pic. I can see the stopped cars, but not you!
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grant
    I must say that the GPS element of the blog is a real asset...it feels as though we are riding with you - well, that might be stretching the imagination a little! Thanks for buying grandma the IPAD....at least it is convenient even if we she has to wait until we visit to check her emails and the blog. I am delegating Joy and Daniel the task of future tutorials. As for Lindsay we dont mind helping out the old bloke with his technology from time to time. Talking of old it is Jim's birthday today so I am off to have dinner with him and his son Rod tonight. Daniel is at music. Rod is over from Canberra for a holiday. No doubt the conversation will get around to solo bike rides around Australia...assuming that Yern has decided to return to Perth - he is a true blue mate! Anyway keep safe and we look forward to the next installment. Jackiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i new it was Jims birthday and i was going to wish him a happy birthday myself because Pat told me yesterday,but I've been a bit busy. Could you give him a big kiss on the top of his head for me. Ta

      Delete
  5. Hi old fellow

    that is for Jim. He must be reaching 50 by now.

    I, like Jackie, find the GPS system great. When I go to satellite, I see the shrubs, stopped cars, trees etc, as you ride thru the country. And when the wind is up your clacker, I can imagine the speed you are maintaining, and can see the trees bending in your direction as you suck by.
    Much better than the map!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's with the riding around in "circles" ?
    At Bussleton??
    Are you going to every far point in Oz on this trip??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes i know but it's the recognised route around Australia.Thats why i had to go into Augusta then back the same road to Karridale. I think that the only time though i have to do that. Must play by the rules to be official.The bitumen road closest to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing well mate keep it up. Interested to know what the signs were.
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Jake the snake, they scare the shit out of me. Hope you are travelling well with mind and body, your post has become daily reading for me. I wont go to the library until you return. Watch the roads and cars ! Keep up the good work. (Was that a fleck of grey i saw in your hair?) Grant Kelly surely not.
    Cheers Deano

    ReplyDelete