20 July 2012

Day 97

Day 97 started with a flurry of complaints that Lind's is too old for the blog. Well that's just not fair as i have seen his Senior Blogging Concession Card (S.B.C.C) and his membership is up to date. I understand that the cut off period for the blog is 64 but because he is my third best cousin (T.B.C.) i have waived that rule as the blog did start when he was 64. 
I got away to a late start  this morning as i had to explain to a lot of people (100 's ) that Lind's is living his dream. Every morning he goes to the shed and gets his fixed gear bike he bought 45 yrs ago and leans it against the clothes line and puts a bit of air in each tyre. Then back into the house to turn the computer on to the blog" Track Spotter". With  one eye on the bike through the kitchen window and one on the computer, sipping coffee , he stays in that position fixated for hours until he gets up and walks out and pinches the bike tyres to check the air pressure. Then back into the house to the same position, sweating out the kilometres and thinking hard and long what comment he is going to put with the least amount of effort to make the most stirring impact. Come 5 o'clock and he knows the show is over for the day and he reluctantly puts the bike away in his Lycra wear, cramping up as he does ,.....while drinking from his water bottle...... till the next day.
So what I'm asking from you guys it to cut the poor, hen pecked bastard some slack and let him live his dream through me, I've got big shoulders (well i had big shoulders). Just let him enjoy his Birthday on Monday and stop giving  him a hard time.

Today's ride was a shortish but tail assisted intense ride into Katherine as i knew i would have to come in sweating to honour Cadel, his birth place
Bloody hell, could you imagine .Welcome to HORSHAM. .... BIRTHPLACE OF GRANT KELLY. Hey i like it.

One thing i did see on the ride today that made me think that some people might be taking the govt for a ride and collecting the pension dishonestly was the dressing up of termite nests and imitating how some people act .You know,stand around and do nothing all day and hold the hand out, and this guys probably picking up about 700 for the week for all we know.



Arrived in town and thougth it was Saturday as all the shops where shut. Found out its Katherine's Show Day,whoopi .This, i did not want to happen as i need a new pedal for the bike , the bearings have gone and don't want to risk it falling off and having to ride home with one leg clipped in .What would the other leg do? Plus i need more tubes and i will grab another tyre just in case. I will just have to get it tomorrow and might even stay another day for the onslaught into the unknown. Booked into a motel as the place is full everywhere, they wanted 145 and i said that's too much for me.  She said how much do you want to pay and i said 100, O.K.she said.
Now to close the gap and put this finally to bed.lol
So I'll just let time play out and see what eventuates after the visit to the bike shop tomorrow , if there open and see how the body is feeling. I have a fair bit of time up my sleeve so the wise man should rest and Carb up to be at my strongest for the hardest part yet.
You old Silver Fox Bluce.


Who Roo ..................Grant

4 comments:

  1. Hi just checking in with you.back in Oz and glad those NT crocs have not spotted you to date. Jorn and Sharon who are still drinking red wine and are stunned that you are in the NT. phew keep looking out for crocs and dogs that eat people........
    Love love and more love mr fantantasic he has been reduced to lower case as he has not been there with you lately......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, im still stunned to be in the N.T myself and cant wait to i get out,and back in the good state. In my eyes MR FANTASTIC can never be reduced to lower case.he was the one who kicked started me at the beginning.Hope you had a good time and are ready for the hussle and bussle of working again. In my case i willl be glad to go back to work after this bike is surgically removed from my body and put on a drip for a week. Take it easy as you always do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the long, but uncalled for rave.
    Luckily I have a foot pump for my tyres, so I don't have to bend down. I forgot to put my bike away one evening, and it had weeds growing thru the spokes next day. I think it was the next day.
    Any chance you can get up to Darwin tonight, to see the Dees get flogged by Port?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let see how close i can get by making a prediction ,that the poor old Dees get beaten by 36 points.

    ReplyDelete