30 July 2012

Day 102,103,104,105,106 & 107

Day 102 began from Kununurra and headed for Doon Doon roadhouse and then another 40 kms before setting up my tent at a road works rock supply depot.
Grounds that hard you cant put your pins in for your tent anywhere up North.
The scenery around this area is quite different than what I've been seeing lately as there are plenty of rocky hills and winding roads to look at as you go past and wonder how the hell they formed millions of years ago
Had to be there.
Day 103 was much the same but had no energy and needed to stop suddenly and lie down and eat some food to get going again. I just had enough energy to make up a day bed in the shade before  consuming some sandwiches while in the horizontal position. Side winds and hot weather don't do it for me.
My  quick day bed 
Its funny how your energy level fluctuates with the type and amount of food you eat. Bluce was commenting how my poo's would be quite healthy from eating well,you know, no junk. Well the volume seems to be O.K.but i just can't seem to keep it together.
A think i need a bit more ruffage 
After reaching Warmun roadhouse at night i decided to carry on for a while to set up my tent about 85km from Halls creek so it would be an easy day the following day to rest up for the big 290km to Fitzroy Crossing. Tell you what i'm starting to look like some of the animals ouy here i've been here so long.

Hang on, i will just turn this down, i can't here myself think.

Same old tent set up but without the cover to see the stars.
Day 104 was a lazy ride into Halls Creek and on the way met some nice caravan people who i enjoyed having a nice cuppa with and a good chat.
John and Jill with Tilly who has stopped them from entering any national parks because dogs are not allowed. Stuff the national parks ,take the dog any day.
On entering Halls Creek straight to the motel,ah ah not at 160 dollars for the basic room. Off to the caravan park and who do i run into, my good old mate Tom who i met down South of Perth and he ended up staying with Joy for a while.
Good to see each other again.
Real good.
We ended up going to the Pub with another fellow, Leo who Tom had met earlier, and we had a good time chatting away till i was ready to go to bed and left. In the morning Tom was telling me that he was approached by a girl ,well he thinks it was a girl, and asked him on a date which was, going to the local dump on Tuesday with her and shooting rats in a organised competition. Strange buggers up here. Its actually starting to get to me ,these places are just the pits as far as tourist sites go. No wonder people drag there own homes around with them because you couldn't associate with the locals,there too far gone.
Even I'm starting to turn into one of the locals as you can see in the next photo.
Day 105 was a biggy, its had me worried when i first took on this ride as the distance is the longest i had to do, only by 3km mind you but however a long one. Said my goodbyes to Tom at Down Town Zero of Halls Creek and off i went. Well not until i gave my toy dog to a cute little girl at the shops who walked in with two huge Aboriginal guys
She might be able to use the little toy to wipe under her nose.
With a tail breeze and a bit of night riding i made it to Fitzroy Crossing in the one day. I was helped off the bike by a couple of guys and crawled to the Fitzroy Lodge counter and managed to lift myself up and mumble,booking under Jackie. .......Sorry Sir no booking under that name ,165 cash. Shocked ,i said not even a early birthday present.....No Sir.  O.K Give me an un powered tent site at 15 dollars . Still i had my counter meal just the same.
Day 106 was a late start as i showered to get my monies worth and soldered on to about 70 kms from the Derby turn off and set up my tent where i met Mac and Nolene who is going to pray for me and she is also going to get onto her other group prayers and to tell them to pray for me too. I hope so because i bought a lotto ticket in Fitzroy Crossing and need a bit of luck. They helped me out with a bit of hot water and they might be coming to my house one day to set up there caravan for a few days.
Day 107 started early because three old German girls made a racket at 5.30am so i just got up and packed,took off and now i am at the Roebuck Plain Rip Off Road House. Heres a few pictures of a few things for you to look at.
Crocodile hole means in Aboriginal,Keep out Danger

This B.H.P hat had to go,not producing so i found the fattest nest i could find, you know , fat cats.

Why is when i see something like this i immediately think of Tony F  from  Sydney


Just another day at the office.











Well what can i say,107 days

Whooosy Dooosy

Grant

19 comments:

  1. Brilliant blog, again.
    I've worked out you have 2357km via Geraldton, to Perth?
    That means you'll be home in 2 to 3 days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glant, that's the benifit of a University education, 2357/3=???

      I blew up the 'stool' photograph and had the girls in the office give their opinion, they are all in the Ramadan mood and not eating for the month, Yes, the ruffage is fine, it's the counter sunk end, caused by the bicyle seat!!!

      I've been delayed by one week going to India, so i hope you slow down a bit so I can get to perth just in time, Oh how I wish.

      "Keep on Truckin'" I mean "Tracking". :-)

      Delete
  2. hello grant.. this is where i ask for your apology, i did a grant by car and have just returned from interstate, and so i cannot believe we are now in the same state. I am going to catch up on the past week but i reckon you will be telling it to us yourself as you are nearly home. I am sure Broome to Scarborough aint gonna take 4 weeks..

    anyway looking forward to the read of the blog.. see ya sooooonnnn

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grant, a great update, I have been looking forward to seeing how things been going. Good to see you havent got soft & living in luxury up in the North, jeezus, sounds harsh though. Speaking of Jeezus,and that women organizing a prayer group for you, I dont think she has any idea what she has put herself up for...bloody big prayer group needed for your soul mate...I'm not talking about your A sole here either...

    And Mate, anyone who knows me will tell you I am nothing like that bull...yep, the bulls is better looking.

    Keep it up mate

    FYI...do you want to crash at my brothers place in Carnarvon on your way thru. Let me know & I will tell him your coming.

    Frz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About Canarvon, haven't thought about that yet tilli get a bit closer mate.

      Delete
  4. What's this obessesion with poo?!

    Linds,according to Wikipedia, i've listed the various notable 'abilities' for Bruce Wayne (some which i question especially the computer hacker bit)


    -Genius-level intellect
    -Peak physical and mental conditioning
    -Master martial artist, acrobat, detective, strategist, tactician, and escapologist
    -Use of high tech equipment, weapons, & gadgets
    -Master of stealth
    -Master of disguise
    -Proficient with technology
    -Access to vast wealth and criminal records
    -Trained computer hacker
    -Excellent observational skills
    -Photographic memory
    -Expert marksman

    I have to agree, he is closer to being Batman than Superman..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, Joy, definitely a big tick for Grant on the 'excellent observational skills', also we could add stealth, disguise, technologically proficient and it all starts adding up...
    Grant, huge effort over the last few days. Hope the winds stay with you now you are heading into changing weather patterns. Keep that jumper handy, it won't be long now...
    Loved the photos on the last update. Certainly looks like unique country up that way, and there was one shot that looked a dead ringer for the 'Hay Plain.'
    smooth riding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grant

    good to see you have gotten over there safely - we are just leaving Darwin tomorrow, Wed, and may catch up with you someday. Will write more next time

    Phyllis and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, i will be on the road no doubt somewhere. Keep an eye on the tracker.

      Delete
  7. Isn't it great that Joy and Jude have chatted to each other?
    What about THE MAN?
    I thought it was more in the LOOKS aspect of Batman...chiselled jaw, bulging muscles, steely look when annoyed, quick to react when feelings get hurt, loyal to those he admires, and has a beautiful lady friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mate I reckon he is more like Boy Wonder in those bike shorts.

      Frz

      Delete
  8. Morning Grant from an unfit Jorn. Wow the downward run now. Peddle on mate and see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all falling into place....the garage built into the side of the hill at Sacky Terrace...the door to a Cave hidden beneath you-know-where....it all makes sense now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeeessuuuusss Doc ...ok yourve blown the cave secret but dont for goodness sake give up Pete as Robin

      Delete
  10. Grant Kelly " Ironman " eats Coco Pops for Breakfast.. taking about Brekky what do you start the day off with ... and Jim the same ? Its funny how the photo earlier looks like giant coco pops. Great to see your Adventure on Track and with Jim as your Guiding Force nothing will stop you tour de paddock. Tell me do you stop to take all those photo's.. if you look close there's always a wet spot mmm . Keep up the great effort mate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dave ,whatever your on get me some for the home coming party. Massive rocks look like coco pops,good lord...........I happen to eat Vita Brix for breaky if i can which means i carry milk and the brix and a bowl given to me by Brendon the walker i met. Eat,eat,eat as Pietro said which has saved me on this trip so far. Hope to see you and Leone on the last day riding in with me and Jim. Throw Mick in too with his wife and i can give the reflector sticker back to you guys on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought that I would do an acronym of your name and if any one else what's to do one it might be interesting what we can come up with !!
    Great raconteur
    Rides like the wind
    Any bed will do
    Never say die
    Tomorrow is another day on the road

    Keep PEDALLiNG

    Joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grant your looking lean my man.Very fit very healthy. I am away from the 12th August until the 22nd August in Shark bay.I would have loved to do the last ride with you as i have ridden everyday for the last 5 weeks locally only. Got my cousins bike its a doosie. You look extremely lean and fit, i cant wait to catch up and hear the adventures by your incredibly funny ways of telling stories as i am always on the edge of my seat in laughter when i hear them. I will call you this week as maybe we will pass each other on my way out of Perth.
    What a journey mate incredible job and well done.
    Deano

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carnarvon...shit mate you will be past it tomorrow

    You are making top progress, keep it up.

    Frz

    ReplyDelete