25 June 2012

Day 70,71 and 72

Day 70 and 71  where rest days at Kate and Gregs nice road house in suburbia of Mackay. The guys really turned it on for me by just letting me hang out like a  sloth ,laying around and fattening me up with huge amounts of food and cups of tea. Chocolate and biscuits where in front of me all the time and disappearing quickly.
On the first day(Sat) they took me into town and found a bike shop to put a new tyre on Hearse and then to a Post Office to send some things back to Perth (jocks) which i didn't want to carry anymore. Then they gave me  a quick sight seeing tour of Mackay and  showed me there original house they had bought and sold a few years ago. The first night on arriving we dined on Kates home made Lasagne, the second night it was Gregs home made meaty stew he had prepared for the occasion, both delicious . Also all my dirty washing was taken care of without a fuss. (no jocks to worry about now) Ended up a  latish night boring the guys with my cycle  and the meaning of life stories
The second day (Sun) they invited a friend over, Stevie Bell and his wife ,Bridgette and their two boys,Brodie and the green monster Bailey for Brunch.
Steve i knew from Perth through the Argyle boys, and hadn't seen for about 16 years. and it was good to catch up for Brunch which Kate magically put together for the seven of us. After, we walked them back to there home, not far, as i wanted to see there house and the new pool he had just installed. Steves turned out to be a real family man and hasn't changed a bit except he has become a qualified electrician  doing a mature age apprenticeship with Rio Tinto. Smart move big fella.
Bailey,Brodie,Kate,Greg,Big Steve and Bridgette brunching.
On arriving back in the afternoon to the house, Greg  starts cleaning my bike and helping me pack for the following day of riding. Later his off down the shop to get the big "T" bones for tea for that night and more chocolate.lol. They cooked up another storm  with dessert and to top it off Kate starts throwing sandwiches together for me to take on my ride the next day .Then  it was time for them to relax completely now with a wine and, get this, to watch the DVD of Jim's funeral i had carried all the way to show them whether they wanted to or not.. Unfortunately it was a bit damaged from the ride but most of it was O.K. and i think they enjoyed it. Finished them off with some more of my boring stories and then i retired for some well earned sleep.
Very much still in love.


Day 72 was an early rise for me to be dropped back onto the Bluce Highway by my chauffer, Greg, after our breaky. While dropping me off and saying goodbye i noticed  Greg was not dealing with this bit too well as he kept passing me and stopping and then going again to pass then finally turned  around to give me the big wave but no roar of excitement this time  as though, is this really happening.
Greg not wanting to leave my side with his road house in the background.

We soon drifted apart and went our seperate ways. Not long after that emotional parting i was jolted into reality with a stature i saw and i nearly wept with home sicknness.
"Just been down to get the bread luv".I approached them if  they wanted to sell it .It's bloody huge.
Still there was a job to do and that was to pedal to Proserpine some 120km away and it was drizzling the whole way so when i arrived  about 2 pm  ,booked into the pub and showered to attack tomorrow, as the next town is 64 km away with nothing in between and didnt want to push too hard the first day back.

Here is some photos for the guys at St Pauls Room 3 Primary School i took and i found out there names too
Hello my names Krystelle and im cute.

My names Luke and who are you looking at.

Xavier is my name and i'm very small 


My names Zachari because my face looks exzackly.........mean.
Four more to come later.
Hoo roo whoever is lookin in.........Grant

19 comments:

  1. Looking in has become a bit of a habit for some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maaaaaaayte, yeah okay you got me on the real estate on line thingy, but it was worth a try. Its good to see you've got plenty of mates conveniently located around the coast of Australia, it must make the whole thing all the more enjoyable catching up with old friends. Cracked up when I saw the statue and comment, it would look great out front on Pearl pde, maybe you can persuade them to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gday,since found out the loaf of bread is actually a baby and the stature is about a Aboriginal woman leaping off a cliff to her death as she was being chased by men because the baby was a half cast. The baby survived and he only died a few years ago as an old man.

      Delete
  3. Thanks darling!! I was hoping I was more like a Statue of Venus:)) nevermind Pearl & I have took it upon ourselves to construct a Statue of a C*ck-erel by the Pearly Gates, David is feeling rather challenged now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. daniel jackson25 June 2012 at 23:01

    nice crock pic , all is well here .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmh could have sworn I put a comment in last night about Grant pedaling out of Mackay on a cool grey drizzly morning but alas it has dissappeared into blog cyberspace!
    Nice wrap of the visit mate and must have been hard to leave that statue-forgot to warn you about that one!
    You come visit anytime ya hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim Dickson's sexytery reporting in for him: "I liked the drain cleaning truck of Round the Bend. I have added one like that to my wish list! Had to unblock a drain at Mars factory the other night - all I can say is don't eat too much chocolate as it's very hard to remove when it goes hard. The hoses smelt good for a change. Enjoy reading each instalment of the blog. Very proud of you and Hearse and best wishes to Jim. Cheers, Tim"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good, soon be in the arms of your fab' sister in Cairns then it will be come south a little and then turn right, not to sure of your plan there?

    I bet it will be sad leaving the 'Bluce' highway, talking about Bluce and Glant, back to 'Nam' on Thursday, my little friends will be thrilled when i show up with my lap top in the bar and we start again, "Velly handsome man"....."When he come to Wietnam"? ....."You bling him next time"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Bluce the woute is Cairns,Mossman,Mount Molloy,Mareeba,Atherton,Ravenshe,Mount Garnet.Mount Surprise,George Town,Croydon,Normanton,Bourke and Wills R/H ,Cloncurry.Make sure you give me the Big Ten4 to turn left when she's all clear, Copy Buddy ,Over.And give all the girls my wuv when you see them and buy them a dlink for them fwom me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be giving the nod around Ravenshoe, the girls will be thwilled as you will be moving closer to Wietnam, the dlinks are on me. :-)

      Delete
    2. No Bluce i need to know to put my left hand out at the roundabout where the Captain Cook Highway turns to the left and Kennedy Highway begins #1 just North of Cairns. If the jobs too dificult for you get one of the girls at the bar to send the message through.

      Delete
  9. The statue would be fantastic on top of next years birthday cake , considering how much effort you have put in to previous cakes lol !!!!

    Keep PEDALLiNG !!!

    Joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have great friends, Grant, and a clever way to catch up with them.
    I remember a Greg from thousands of years ago in the West. Hung out with my little brother a bit?
    He was a really nice bloke...and I'm not talking about my brother in that phrase, hehehehe.
    I've never heard of some of those places up North? Real roads or just dirt?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, he still is a nice bloke And don't laugh mate,Mackay is an up and coming sort of a place with the type of weather i love. Things grow there and you don't have to worry about them. He also remarked while watching the DVD that it was good of you to fly over with Glenda and deliver a solid speach at Jims funeral at short notice. He said all the speachers where good and the undertaker M.C.ing the day was well worth the money.............Thanks again Doc.lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi GW / C!*@!*@!*K all is well in Ostend. I didn't make the nappy grade so headed out to Tanzania on the 12 June for a small job and will be back in Oz early August to start work again. I hope you manage to get another mirror for the bike because you still need to take a good hard look at ????(remember the conversation before your departure?)time is running out.

    Happy Pedalling

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey sounds like your got it together leavin ya missers to fend for herself and the new one.Probably better that ya get out of the way anyway if ya not pullin ya weight. While over there maybe try and get to the Zanzibar Island where Freddy Murcury was born ,might be some sort of a tour happening. Take it easy C... and i will see you........um......i'll get back to you on that one. Caaaatttccchhh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grant, love the latest update, sounds as though all is good on the front. Not sure about all the photos though, whats with the little horses...some sort of new fetish you have decide to get into or what?
    Scout saw the photos & she's pissed...she thought you & her had something special going on...now she is hunkered down in the kennel sulking.

    Keep pedalling mate

    Frz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well i suppose if you haven't been keeping up whats going on with the blog i'm not surprised your confused about the pictures. I happen to have some little school kids who are following me on the blog from Mildura and they love animal photos.The other day they all congratulated me on making it halfway individually ,so i have posted an animal picture and named each of them there names. And about Scout, i met another dog today called,wait for it........Snout. I'll post the photo but don't show Scout you stirrer.

    ReplyDelete